New Born Story Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skill Guide

3 posters

Go down

Skill Guide Empty Skill Guide

Post  drhan Tue 18 Aug 2009, 3:58 am

Introduction
Hi all. I'm drHan both in-game and on forum. I have a few other characters none of which have been reborn yet sadly. My character with the highest level would be my Marksman at level 161. If you see any other character with Han in its IGN, chances are that is me as well. Do say hi. Smile

Table Of Contents
1. Skill Guide
2. The Reborn System
3. Buffs
4. Broken Skills
5. Credits

Skill Guide
This guide is meant to shed some light on the skills of NBS which is similar and yet different to the skills of other MS versions in particular MSEA (since that was the only official MS version which I have knowledge on). Feedback and help from the community is greatly appreciated so that the growing NBS community can benefit from this. Credit will be given where it is due. Very Happy

The Reborn System
With the reborn system in NBS, we can use skills from other jobs. I will use an example to demonstrate this. A max level Corsair decides to be reborn as a Sniper. The Sniper can then use the Corsair skills that had been learned from the previous life. Hence, do not be surprised if you spot an Chief Bandit casting Magic Guard. The possibilities are endless.

Buffs
Buffs are an important part of MS. They improve the abilities that a character and most revolve around improving the damage that a character does or lessening the damage that a character receives. Each class has its own unique buffs which are not normally available to other classes. Some buffs are shareable between members of a party. For example, members of party which have a Cleric class character in it are able to share the benefits of Bless.

Thankfully, the buffs in NBS are really easy to obtain. This can be done regardless of the class your character is. Anyone can get the buff they want as long as it is available through the Buff NPC.
The Buff NPC can be accessed throught the @fmnpc command. Once entered, you will be greeted by Shanks.

Skill Guide Untitl10

Search for the Get Buffs option and click it once. O-Pongo will then appear to assist you with your buffs.

Skill Guide Untitl11

A list of buffs will be available for you to choose from. Some buffs are beneficial to your character depending on the class while others will not be useful at all.

Shadow Partner - It is useful for those classes which shoot projectiles; Thief (with claw equipped), Archer and Pirate (with gun equipped). I don't remember any of the other classes benefiting from this skill.

Magic Armor - One of the two skills which I find really useful.

Focus - The other skill which is really useful as well.

Skill Guide Untitl12 Amazing right what those two skills can do.

If there are any more useful skills that are not available normally but now are thanks to the Buff NPC which you feel greatly affects your training, please do not hesitate to share the information. Very Happy

Credits
Copyright 2009 drHan
This may be not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal, private use. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance permission. Use of this guide as a part of any public display is strictly prohibited, and a violation of copyright.

This guide is permitted to only be hosted at:
http://www.newbornstory.edu.ms/

If you want to quote from this guide, just message me. If you see an error, or would like clarification on something, please message me. If you would like another section on something related to the skills, let me know. If you have contributed and do not see your name here please drop me a PM.

Thanks to:
Wizet and Nexon for making this amazing game.
NBS for allowing me to play a private server which is mostly lag free.

Work In Progress. (I've got exams, why am I still playing?!)

Last edited by drhan on Wed 19 Aug 2009, 12:22 am; edited 2 times in total
drhan

Back to top Go down

Skill Guide Empty Re: Skill Guide

Post  Guest Tue 18 Aug 2009, 11:38 am

I really like this guide... it will be helpful to newcomers. Keep up the great work! : )

Back to top Go down

Post  drhan Tue 18 Aug 2009, 3:46 pm

asukuml wrote:I really like this guide... it will be helpful to newcomers. Keep up the great work! : )

Thank you. Smile
drhan

Back to top Go down

Post  KawaiiAngel Tue 18 Aug 2009, 8:50 pm

so much text just make me dizzy lol!
just kiddin, its a great guide =]
KawaiiAngel
KawaiiAngel

Back to top Go down

Post  starcraft77 Fri 20 Nov 2009, 6:06 am

KawaiiAngel wrote:so much text just make me dizzy lol!
just kiddin, its a great guide =]

lol...
r u there?
y u not active?
come back~ LOL
starcraft77
starcraft77

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down